January events in Umbria
Once the bustle of the Christmas festivities is over, Umbria gradually returns to its normal pace and routines.
But January is a month that holds a whole host of little surprises for the astute traveller.
Street markets, concerts, theatre and other events in Umbria ensure that you will never be bored!
Markets in Umbria
A few examples:
- “Umbria Terra Viva”, a market exhibition featuring organic products and environmentally friendly crafts every first Sunday of the month in Perugia’s historic centre.
- The Antiques, Second-Hand Goods and Collectibles market in Pissignano every first Sunday of the month.
- The "Mercantino delle Briciole" antiques market in Spoleto every second Sunday of the month. An opportunity to visit the city’s magnificent historic centre and perhaps to fall in love with a beautiful antique...
- The “Gli Amici della Musica” concerts in the fabulous setting of Perugia’s historic buildings and churches. A rich programme of music featuring artists of international renown.
- “BorgoBello in Fiera”, the crafts and hobbies market in the centre of Perugia.
- The antiques, collectibles and curiosities market on the last Saturday and Sunday of the month in the historic centre of Perugia.
- Trevi’s flea market and Farmer’s Market every fourth Sunday of the month.
- The artistic season at the Teatro Cucinelli theatre in the gorgeous village of Solomeo.
But January is above all the month of Umbria’s Patron Saints and the festivals dedicated to them,
beginning with Saint Felician, the patron saint of Foligno whose holiday is on 24 January, when the streets of the centre come alive with stalls bursting with every possible culinary delight!
In Perugia on 29 January the Fiera Grande di San Costanzo is held in honour of one of the city’s two patron saints. For two days, processions, concerts and the preparation of a giant "torcolo", Perugia’s traditional dessert, transform the city’s streets into one enormous festival. A solemn mass in the cathedral of San Lorenzo closes the celebrations.
Want to spend a week-end in Umbria in January?
To all those of you that wish to spend a weekend in Umbria in January we suggest our comfortable apartments at our holiday villa in Assisi.
Villa Rosy is very close to Assisi and it is the ideal place if you like to combine relaxation and leisure in Umbria.
Couples, families and groups of friends will all find a suitable accommodation at Villa Rosy.
Check Villa Rosy reviews on