For a holiday that goes right to the heart of Umbrian traditions, we recommend:
• Calendimaggio, a colourful spring event in Assisi. For three days, games, processions, performances and taverns bring the streets of Assisi to life, transforming it into one big collective festival.
• The country festivals, sacred and secular. Ancestral rituals kept alive and constantly renewed thanks to the faith of the inhabitants, with joyful song, dances and traditional music.
• The unmissable Infiorata in Spello, for the welcoming atmosphere it offers its visitors during the extraordinary nocturnal preparation of floral carpets in honour of the Corpus Domini procession. A festival that is not only religious but also one with strong Umbrian traditions.
• The Giostra della Quintana historic horse race in Foligno with its magnificent seventeenth century costumes and wonderful taverns. For two weeks in June and two more in September, immerse yourself in the most characteristic of the Umbrian equestrian jousting festivals with the highest number of participants.
• The market of the Gaite in Bevagna, a unique opportunity to discover ancient Umbrian professions such as paper maker, chandler, apothecary and miniaturist… A cross-section of medieval life with banquets featuring traditional Umbrian foods, music and performances.
For suggestions and personalised tourist routes, contact Ilaria at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org